Sunday 1 February 2015

A Card Challenge Tutorial

One of the latest cards I made for my first card challenge EVER!
Thank you for the opportunity Heather Cooper at
playingwithpapercrafting.com
It is a card for As You See It Challenge  #072

Somehow I needed to do this challenge because of what it means for me.
My husband is of Indian origin so Stamping Up's stamp colour Crushed Curry, is what I see daily.
My favorite colors for the past few years have been coral and melon, so Stampin Up's stamp color of Calypso Coral is a perfect marriage of colors for me.
Which brings me to the interpretation that inspired my card.
http://www.asyouseeitchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/AYSIChallenge072.jpg
Is the sketch of the challenge that I had to take a guide from.

Since it is nearly Valentine's Day, I thought I reminisce and incorporate ideas from my wedding.
Although it was a different color scheme for our day, the Asian design is what I continued with.
METHOD
1. I used a Whisper White (replicate) card color base.
2. I have embossed another piece of Whisper White (replicate) card stock for the second layer, using The Harmony Collection: Asian Wave, embossing folder from Couture Creations.
3. I do not have those stamp colors from Stampin Up, so I have mixed a few acrylic paint colors to get "as close as" shades. These paints I used on watercolour paper of 225gsm.
3. The "happily ever after" sentiment was together on one stamp, but I divided the words for this effect and I unmounted it from my wooded stamp block and chose to use it with the acrylic block instead.
4. The other sentiment is from Kaiser Crafts, acrylic stamps.
5. The die cuts were made from EZ Cut, paper dies (50170 EZ CUT LACE) made by Sullivan's International (purchased from Lincraft) and this I cut in both shades. Do you notice the heart made when the two flowers are joined? I used 4 of the "leftover fan die cuts" on the big sentiment corners.
6. The fan was made from a strip of the coral shade. Scored, round corner punched and adhered with mounting foam tape.
7. I added a glittered heart embellishment, on the fan and a thin strip of the coral shade to the right of the card.
8. The curry shade sentiment strips, I right side punched, with a small circle punch. I used the same circle punch for the 4 corners of the bigger sentiment piece, which I also distressed with a blend of the coral shade and alcohol.

I really like the result, let's see if Heather and the design team do also.
I hope this inspires you to "reminisce" about special events in your life, to create a beautiful card.

Cheers
Deirdre'

No comments:

Post a Comment