Sunday 25 January 2015

DIY Baby/Wet wipe container


Thanks babes!

Since having our children, our lives have been surrounded with baby wipes.

Change table, bathroom, toilet, car, nappy change bag, pram, my hand bag and now my craft room. Phew!

Most of them have lid containers, but it is cheaper to by the boxes which contain multiple refill packets. I refill the boxes as needed, but always saved the "door lid" for something I may need.

My craft room wipes needed a box, so I had a light bulb moment and made one.


METHOD

ITEMS NEEDED


Wet/Baby wipes refill packet with “door lid”. Large empty take away container.

Craft/Stanley knife, scissors, pencil, hot glue (or other strong/high tack adhesive).

Contact paper (other paper can be used, just apply adhesive).

Optional Items: Distilled water, essential oil of your choice and eucalyptus oil (or anything to remove labels).

PREPARATION


1. Cut a window in the take away lid centre, for wipes to come through. Check for any other raised pieces in plastic that might cause friction with contact paper.

2. Clean any labels that might be on wet/baby wipe “door lid”, with eucalyptus oil or any label removal solution (some labels are really sticky)

3. Pencil mark out size of take away container lid (plus window) and base (not forgetting the sides) on contact paper backing.

4. Cut contact paper down to size.

5. Make 4 slits in corners leading to base area and cut a window out for lid centre.

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER


1. Adhere contact paper and match up windows.

2. Apply hot glue (or other strong bond glue), carefully to frame base of wet/baby wipe “door lid”.

3. Position and press onto take away lid.

4. I always like to add my own essential oil to wipes, because I buy the unscented kind.

I have mixed ½ cup water with a few drops of essential oil, and poured this over the already filled wet/baby wipe container.


TIPS

Tap water will obtain bacteria in a matter of days, so I always use distilled water in all my crafts, which requires water.

Hope this inspires you to save pennies, get crafting and recycle.
Cheers
Deirdre'


No comments:

Post a Comment